comparative and superlative adjectives and adverbs exercises pdf / Adjectives vs Adverbs - GrammarBank

Comparative And Superlative Adjectives And Adverbs Exercises Pdf

comparative and superlative adjectives and adverbs exercises pdf

was younger than I ean now. She works harder (his year than she did last year. Last night, Uhey treated us more sincerely than I had expected. (Qun akgam bize, umdugumdan daha samimi davrandilar.) Tused to go to the cinema more often when I was at university than I do now. 29 ——_ 15 s Comparative yapyt, belirtii bie nesne icin kullaniyorsak, Onde "the" gelir. + Which of those two is your English teacher? - The taller (of them) is my English teacher. - Of these two apples, can I take the bigger one? Asi taledirde "the" kullanitm: My English teacher is taller than yours. ‘This apple is bigger than that one. b) Irregular Inflection of Adjectives and Adverbs Baz sifat ve garflarin cckimi, belirtilen kuraliann digindadir. good (adl.) / well (adv.) = better much = more bad (adj) / badly (adv.) = worse many = more far slarther/ further little = less She is a better driver than I thought. She reve the car better than I thought. He is better at mathematics than his sister, but he is worse at physics, He speaks English worse than anybody else in the classroom. Good , bad ve well sizcitklerint "feel" ve "get" flllertyle kutlanirken belli kisitlamalar vardi. “Well” in, saBhgimrza iliskin konugutken “iy!” anlaminda bir sifat oldugunu gormostk, ~ How are you today/How do you feel today? = Tam well/T feel well. (not "g6od) Eger. hasta birine "iyilesinceye kadar yatmalisin.” demek istiyorsak, well ya da onun comparative bigimi better kullanabiliriz. (good kullanamayy.\ ‘You must stay in bed until you feel well/better. jugiin kendimi kétii/daha koti hissediyorum.” demek istiyorsa bunu goyle ifade ‘feel worse today. (not "bad’) “Feel good/bad", kisinin rub halini ifade etmek icin kullanlabilir. 1 feel good. thappy. pleased, ete.) 1 feel bad.{unhappy, displeased, ete.) Get fillinden sonra good ve bad kullamimaz. Bunlann comparative bicimi better ve worse kullanihr. "Get well” Kullamm: da mamkindar. She was very ill yesterday, but she is getting better. Your English is getting better. (Ingilizcen duzeliyor.] ‘The economle situation is getting worse. (Ekonomik durum ktilestyor.) Thope you'll get well soon. (Umarim yakinda tyilesirsin} Nicelik sifau olarak much ve many “more” biciminde cekimlentr. Little'in comparative bigim! “less'dir, Few diizenlidir. "Fewer" biciminde cekimenic. ‘You have little money, but I have less. {I have less money than you.) Lhave few books, but you have fewer than me, ‘There were fewer people at the demonstration yesterday than at the previous one. (Dankd gosteride oncekinden daha az kisi varch.) I think you have more money than all of us. I guess more people will become unemployed in the days to come. (Saninm dnamitzdeki ginlerde daha cok insan igsiz Kalacak) ES = YDS Zarf olarak much ve little'm comparative bigimi yine more ve less ‘dir. I drove the car more than you did. Lused to read more than

Adverbs

Function of an adverb:

Adverbs are used to give more information about the action in a sentence. They mainly modify verbs. They tell us how, where, whenetc something happens or is done.

Related Subjects:
Adjectives
Adverbials
Adjectives vs Adverbs

Subject Exercises / Quizzes:
Adjectives Adverbs Exercises (classic)
Adjectives / Adverbs Multiple Choice

Carol drives carefully. (How does she drive?)
I looked for her everywhere. (Where did you look for her?)
She came to London yesterday. (When did she come to London?)

Adverbs are generally divided into seven groups:

1) Manner: slowly, bravely, carefully, simply, quietly
2) Place: there, here, up, down, near
3) Time: yesterday, tomorrow, now, yet, still
4) Frequency: never, always, often, once, twice
5) Sentence: actually, really, obviously, evidently
6) Degree: very, quite, rather, fairly, hardly
7) Focus: just, only, simply, even, also

Forming Adverbs

They are generally made from adjectives.

Many adverbs of manner and degree are formed by putting -ly at the end of an adjectives.

slow - slowlyhappy - happily
cold - coldlyrapid - rapidly
bad - badlykind - kindly

I don’t know why, but they spoke to me coldly.
The weather was awfullycold.
You should treat people gently.
Please, drive the car slowly.

When an adjective ends in consonant + y, it becomes -ily.

busy - busily
happy - happily
easy - easily
heavy - heavily

She is working busily.
Chuck passed the test easily.

When an adjective ends in -le, we omit -e and add -(l)y

noble - nobly
possible - possibly
simple - simply
gentle - gently

Ex: My mom brushes my hair gentlyevery day.

When an adjectives ends in -e, we keep -e and add -ly.

extreme - extremely
free - freely
brave - bravely
safe - safely

His political ideas are extremelydull.
Our army fought bravely.

When an adjective ends in -ic, we add -ally.

Systematic - systematically
Phonetic - phonetically

We searched the attic systematically.
Mrs. Burns wanted us to write the words phonetically.

Degrees of Adverbs

• Positive : Expresses a quality without a comparison.

Ivan walks slowly.

• Comparative : Expresses a higher or lower degree than the positive.

Ida walks faster than Ivan.

• Superlative : Expresses the highest or the lowest degree when comparing more than two things/persons.

Brad walks the slowest.

1. Adverbs having the same form as adjectives:

POSITIVECOMPARATIVESUPERLATIVE
fastfasterthe fastest
earlyearlierthe earliest
latelaterthe latest
hardharderthe hardest

They came earlierthan me.
Kenyans always win prizes in marathons because they run the fastestof all.
My parents’ plane will arrive laterthan my uncle's.

2. Adverbs formed with –ly.

easilymore easilymost easily
quicklymore quicklymost quickly
fluentlymore fluentlymost fluently
carefullymore carefullymost carefully

Linda drives more carefullythan her husband.
Elizabeth speaks English the most fluently.

3. Irregular adverbs

wellbetterthe best
badlyworsethe worst
farfarther / furtherthe farthest / the furthest
muchmorethe most

Who speaks English the best?
They do everything worsethan us.

You are here: >> Home >> English Grammar Lessons >> Adverbs

&#;▲▲▲▲▲▲▲&#;
had been asked (proper/properiy). Your dinner is (ready/readity). Be (careful/carefully) though, as the plates are (reat/really) hot. don't know why you can't wear your {casual/casually) clothes to church. It {simpte/ simply] hasn't been tried,

nest...

çamaşır makinesi ses çıkarması topuz modelleri kapalı huawei hoparlör cızırtı hususi otomobil fiat doblo kurbağalıdere parkı ecele sitem melih gokcek jelibon 9 sınıf 2 dönem 2 yazılı almanca 150 rakı fiyatı 2020 parkour 2d en iyi uçlu kalem markası hangisi doğduğun gün ayın görüntüsü hey ram vasundhara das istanbul anadolu 20 icra dairesi iletişim silifke anamur otobüs grinin 50 tonu türkçe altyazılı bir peri masalı 6. bölüm izle sarayönü imsakiye hamile birinin ruyada bebek emzirdigini gormek eşkiya dünyaya hükümdar olmaz 29 bölüm atv emirgan sahili bordo bereli vs sat akbulut inşaat pendik satılık daire atlas park avm mağazalar bursa erenler hava durumu galleria avm kuaför bandırma edirne arası kaç km prof dr ali akyüz kimdir venom zehirli öfke türkçe dublaj izle 2018 indir a101 cafex kahve beyazlatıcı rize 3 asliye hukuk mahkemesi münazara hakkında bilgi 120 milyon doz diyanet mahrem açıklaması honda cr v modifiye aksesuarları ören örtur evleri iyi akşamlar elle abiye ayakkabı ekmek paparası nasıl yapılır tekirdağ çerkezköy 3 zırhlı tugay dört elle sarılmak anlamı sarayhan çiftehan otel bolu ocakbaşı iletişim kumaş ne ile yapışır başak kar maydonoz destesiyem mp3 indir eklips 3 in 1 fırça seti prof cüneyt özek istanbul kütahya yol güzergahı aski memnu soundtrack selçuk psikoloji taban puanları senfonilerle ilahiler adana mut otobüs gülben ergen hürrem rüyada sakız görmek diyanet pupui petek dinçöz mat ruj tenvin harfleri istanbul kocaeli haritası kolay starbucks kurabiyesi 10 sınıf polinom test pdf arçelik tezgah üstü su arıtma cihazı fiyatları şafi mezhebi cuma namazı nasıl kılınır ruhsal bozukluk için dua pvc iç kapı fiyatları işcep kartsız para çekme vga scart çevirici duyarsızlık sözleri samsung whatsapp konuşarak yazma palio şanzıman arızası