topkapi palace pronunciation / Sesli Sözlük - topkapi palace

Topkapi Palace Pronunciation

topkapi palace pronunciation

Outline of Istanbul

Overview of and topical guide to Istanbul

The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to Istanbul:

Istanbul &#;

General reference[edit]

Geography of Istanbul[edit]

Geography of Istanbul

• Istanbul is:
  • Population of Istanbul: 14,,
  • Area of Istanbul: 5,&#;km2 (2, sq mi)

Place

Location of Istanbul[edit]

Environment of Istanbul[edit]

Natural geographic features of Istanbul[edit]

Areas of Istanbul[edit]

Districts of Istanbul

Urban centers in Istanbul[edit]

Urban centers in Istanbul

Neighbourhoods in Istanbul[edit]

Neighbourhoods of Istanbul

Locations in Istanbul[edit]

Ancient monuments in Istanbul[edit]

Bridges in Istanbul[edit]

Cultural and exhibition centres in Istanbul[edit]

Forts in Istanbul[edit]

Fountains in Istanbul[edit]

Gates in Istanbul[edit]

Gates of Istanbul

Lighthouses in Istanbul[edit]

Monuments and memorials in Istanbul[edit]

Museums and art galleries in Istanbul[edit]

Museums in Istanbul

Palaces and pavilions in Istanbul[edit]

Ottoman palaces in Istanbul

Parks and gardens in Istanbul[edit]

Public squares in Istanbul[edit]

Religious buildings in Istanbul[edit]

Mosques in Istanbul

Secular buildings in Istanbul[edit]

Streets in Istanbul[edit]

Halil Pasha Tower, Rumelihisarı
The Tower of Justice at Topkapi Palace

Theatres in Istanbul[edit]

Towers in Istanbul[edit]

Towers in Istanbul

Demographics of Istanbul[edit]

Demographics of Istanbul

Government and politics of Istanbul[edit]

Politics of Istanbul

Law and order in Istanbul[edit]

History of Istanbul[edit]

History of Istanbul

History of Istanbul, by period or event[edit]

Timeline of Istanbul

History of Istanbul, by subject[edit]

Culture of Istanbul[edit]

Culture of Istanbul

Arts in Istanbul[edit]

Architecture of Istanbul[edit]

Architecture of Istanbul

Music of Istanbul[edit]

Istanbul in art: View Across the Golden Horn, Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque beyond, Constantinopleby Ernst Koerner,

Visual arts of Istanbul[edit]

Baklava, probably developed in the imperial kitchens of the Topkapı Palace in Istanbul
Republic Day celebrations on the Bosporus in Istanbul

Art in Istanbul

Cuisine of Istanbul

Events in Istanbul

Festivals in Istanbul

Languages of Istanbul

Media in Istanbul

People from Istanbul

Religion in Istanbul[edit]

Religion in Istanbul

Sports in Istanbul[edit]

Sports in Istanbul

Economy and infrastructure of Istanbul[edit]

A panorama of Maslakbusiness district
Grand Bazaar, one of the largest and oldest covered markets in the world

Economy of Istanbul

Transportation in Istanbul[edit]

Public transport in Istanbul

Rail transport in Istanbul[edit]

Education in Istanbul[edit]

Education in Istanbul

Healthcare in Istanbul[edit]

Memorial Hospital in Şişli

See also[edit]

References[edit]

External links[edit]

Wikimedia Atlas of Istanbul

BLUE MOSQUE HISTORY

The Blue Mosque was built between and , by the architect Mehmet Ağa, instructed by Sultan Ahmet I. It was designed as an imperial show of strength to complement the imposing Hagia Sophia, which faces it across Sultanahmet Square. Unlike the Hagia Sophia, however it is supported by four 'elephant foot' pillars, and the central dome (m in diameter and 43m high) is flanked by four semi-domes, making it nearly a square in shape. It is dubbed the Blue Mosque because of over 20, handmade ceramic Iznik tiles that decorate the interior, featuring many different tulip, rose, carnation, and lily designs, well lit by windows.

Known as the Blue Mosque

Aside from its staggering size and exquisite beauty, one of the most distinctive elements of this Istanbul mosque is that it has six minarets, as opposed to the usual two or four of most of the city’s mosques. In the history of the Blue Mosque, legend has it that this is because of a misunderstanding – when the Sultan decreed there should be altın minare (gold minarets), the architect heard altı minare (six minarets) – an easy mistake to make! This caused some controversy, as the only other mosque with six minarets at that time was the Prophet’s mosque in Mecca – a problem the sultan overcame by ordering a seventh to be added in Mecca.

EGYPT BAZAAR(Spice Market) HISTORY

One of the oldest covered bazaars in İstanbul, the Egyptian Bazaar is located in the Eminönü district of İstanbul, behind New Mosque and adjacent to the Flower Market. Continuing its existence since 17th century, the Egyptian Bazaar originated from the Makron Envolos Bazaar which was located in the same place in Byzantine times. The Venetian and Genoese people were doing business in that bazaar. The Jew people were also residing in the same area during Ottoman times. Along with the construction of New Mosque, the Jew people in Eminönü were transferred to Balat district.

WONDERFULL.. thousands kinds. colorful

No matter how much the outlook may have changed in time, the Egyptian Bazaar still continues its existence as a valuable cultural heritage from the Ottoman Empire at the present time. Having two great fires respectively in and then finally Bazaar is extensively restored by Directorate General of Foundations between and

Grand Bazaar Hıstory

The Grand Bazaar, one of the largest and oldest covered markets in the world housing over shops, is more than just a sightseeing spot. Ever since the 15th century, it has been bustling with activity. Every day locals and visitors are haggling to get the best bang for their buck. Here are some valuable bargaining tips for the Grand Bazaar and other shops around Istanbul.

The eye of Istanbul

It’s unlikely you will deal with the shop owner in the Grand Bazaar. The person attending you is most likely a salesperson working for him. This means that he has to sell a certain amount of goods to reach his daily quota. While reaching his quota is a must, he also receives a commission on what he sells. Therefore, at the start of the day he’ll be eager to sell. Even at a lower price, earning little or no commission, just to make sure he reaches his daily quota. After a few hours, he may have reached his quota. At this point, the focus will shift from just selling to please his boss, to selling to make a nice commission.

Hagia Sophia History

The Hagia Sophia, one of the historical architectural wonders that still remains standing today, has an important place in the art world with its architecture, grandness, size and functionality. The Hagia Sophia, the biggest church constructed by the East Roman Empire in Istanbul, has been constructed three times in the same location. When it was first built, it was named Megale Ekklesia (Big Church); however, after the fifth century, it was referred to as the Hagia Sophia (Holy Wisdom). The church was the place in which rulers were crowned, and it was also the biggest operational cathedral in the city throughout the Byzantine period.

First the church .. then the mosque .. Today the museum ..

It’s unlikely you will deal with the shop owner in the Grand Bazaar. The person attending you is most likely a salesperson working for him. This means that he has to sell a certain amount of goods to reach his daily quota. While reaching his quota is a must, he also receives a commission on what he sells. Therefore, at the start of the day he’ll be eager to sell. Even at a lower price, earning little or no commission, just to make sure he reaches his daily quota. After a few hours, he may have reached his quota. At this point, the focus will shift from just selling to please his boss, to selling to make a nice commission.

Basilica Cistern History

One of Istanbul's splendid historical buildings is the Basilica Cistern located in the southwest of Hagia Sophia. This large underground cistern built by Byzantine Emperor Justinian I () was named as arasında Yerebatan Palace ere among the people due to the marble columns rising from the water and countless seemingly like. It is also known as Basilica Cistern since there is a Basilica in the place where the cistern is located.

An underground masterpiece

Hagia Erine Church

Hagia Irene means "Divine Peace" in Greek, so it was a church dedicated to holly peace, not to a Saint Irene as it's wrongly pronounced today. It's beleived that the church was first built in the 4th century AD over the ruins of a pagan temple by the Byzantine Emperor Constantine I. The wooden construction was burned during the Nika Riot in AD and it was renovated by Justinian I, rapresenting typical characteristics of early Byzantine architecture. During the following centuries the church was restored several times because of the earthquakes and some big fires.

INTRODUCTIONGina:Hi everyone, I’m Gina.Ece:And I’m Ece!Gina:And welcome to Culture Class: Essential Turkish Vocabulary, Lesson 23! In this lesson you'll learn 5 essential words related to Clothing &Accessories. These are five items of Turkish Traditional clothing. Hand picked. You can find a complete list of vocabulary at TurkishClasscomFIVE KEY VOCABULARY ITEMSGina:Ece, what’s our first word?Ece:TakunyaGina:bath clogsEce:(slow) Takunya (regular) TakunyaGina:Listeners, please repeat:Ece:Takunya[pause - 5 sec.]Gina:This is a traditional type of footwear worn in public baths.Gina:Now let's hear a sample sentence using this word.Ece:(normal) Türkiye'de artık hiç kimse takunya giymiyor.Gina:Nobody wears bath clogs anymore in Turkey.Ece:(slow) Türkiye'de artık hiç kimse takunya giymiyor.Gina:Okay, what’s the next word?Ece:KaftanGina:kaftan, ankle-length robesEce:(slow) Kaftan (regular) KaftanGina:Listeners, please repeat:Ece:Kaftan[pause - 5 sec.]Gina:These ankle-length robes are an important part of Ottoman attire.Gina:Now let's hear a sample sentence using this word.Ece:(normal) Topkapı Sarayı'nda zengin işlenmiş güzel bir kaftan koleksiyonu var.Gina:Topkapi Palace has a collection of lavishly decorated and beautiful kaftans.Ece:(slow) Topkapı Sarayı'nda zengin işlenmiş güzel bir kaftan koleksiyonu var.Gina:Okay, what’s the next word?Ece:ŞalvarGina:shalwar, traditional baggy pantsEce:(slow) Şalvar (regular) ŞalvarGina:Listeners, please repeat:Ece:Şalvar[pause - 5 sec.]Gina:These are traditional baggy pants women and men wear in Turkish villages.Gina:Now let's hear a sample sentence using this word.Ece:(normal) Anadolu'nun kırsal kesimlerinde hala şalvar giyen insanlar var.Gina:People still wear shalwars in the rural parts of Anatolia.Ece:(slow) Anadolu'nun kırsal kesimlerinde hala şalvar giyen insanlar var.Gina:Okay, what’s the next word?Ece:BindallıGina:bindalli, a type of dressEce:(slow) Bindallı (regular) BindallıGina:Listeners, please repeat:Ece:Bindallı[pause - 5 sec.]Gina:This is a type of dress made from velvet or satin and heavily embroidered with elaborate patterns in silver and gold braid.Gina:Now let's hear a sample sentence using this word.Ece:(normal) Geleneksel insanlar kına gecelerine bindallı giymeyi sever.Gina:Traditional people like to wear bindalli for henna parties.Ece:(slow) Geleneksel insanlar kına gecelerine bindallı giymeyi sever.Gina:Okay, what’s the last word?Ece:OyaGina:Turkish needleworkEce:(slow) Oya (regular) OyaGina:Listeners, please repeat:Ece:Oya[pause - 5 sec.]Gina:Objects decorated with needlework were not only forms of decoration but also a way of conveying a message about one's social status in the past.Gina:Now let's hear a sample sentence using this word.Ece:(normal) Oya geleneksel çeyiz sandığında kesinlikle bulunması gereken dekoratif bir parçadır.Gina:Turkish needlework is a must-have decorative item in a traditional dowry chest.Ece:(slow) Oya geleneksel çeyiz sandığında kesinlikle bulunması gereken dekoratif bir parçadır.QUIZGina:Okay listeners, are you ready to be quizzed on the words you just learned? Ece will give you the Turkish – please say the English meaning out loud! Are you ready?Ece:Takunya[pause]Gina:bath clogsEce:Kaftan[pause]Gina:kaftan, ankle-length robesEce:Şalvar[pause]Gina:shalwar, traditional baggy pantsEce:Bindallı[pause]Gina:bindalli, a type of dressEce:Oya[pause]Gina:Turkish needlework

Outro

Gina:There you have it – five Traditional clothing items in Turkey! We have more vocab lists available at TurkishClasscom, so be sure to check them out. Thanks everyone, see you next time!Ece:Hoşçakalın

Turkish for beginners - short language course for your next holiday in Turkey

Show

The most important vocabulary for a trip to Turkey

With a lot of courage and perseverance you will during your Travel in the Turkey sometime some turkish words and expressions master. This is not easy, because the pronunciation is very different from the Latin alphabet.

Turkish as the official language

The Turkish alphabet consists of 29 letters and some of its letters do not appear in our classical alphabet. Even if you study it diligently, despite the small vocabulary, you will find that pronunciation is a major obstacle. However, if you persist and study, you will be able to pronounce a few words correctly. About million people speak Turkish and its variants.

Pronunciation tips

Proper pronunciation becomes the main communication problem for your Travel in the Turkey be. First rule, you must always roll an "r". That's the easiest part, now comes the difficult part. In alphabetic order. "c" becomes "djungel" pronounced and "ç" becomes "TSCHANechic". "e" must "efeel (as an open e)”. For a "g" say "g" and "ğ" lengthen the vowel that follows it. "ı" without a dot becomes like "come onen (as a very dull and short i)” pronounced. “ö” is pronounced “ö” like in German. The "ş" becomes like "Schule, Buschpronounced. "u" is pronounced "(as an open u)" and "ü" like "ü" in German.

Basic idioms

Germantürkisch
Good day good eveningMerhaba / Iyi günler / Iyi akşamlar
Wie geht es Ihnen?How are you?
Good thanks and you?Iyiyim, teşekkurler, ya siz?
I understand / I don't understandAnlıyorum / anlamadım
EntschuldigungAffedersiniz
Auf WiedersehenGoodbye
Good day, ServusMerhaba!, İyi Günler!
Thank you very muchThank you so much
Excuse me pleaseAfedersiniz air / Bakar mısınız
My name is…Benim adım…
No thank youHayır teşekkurler
Yes NoEvet / Hayır
Bitte sehrBuyurun / Rica ederim / Buyurun

Trade / Buy

Germantürkisch
How much does it cost?How much?
That is a good priceBu iyi bir fiyat / Ucuz
It is too expensiveBu çok pahalı
Can you lower the price?Fiyatı düşürebilir misin?
I would like to buy thisBunu almak istiyorum
I like it / I don't like itBeğendin / beğenmiyorum
MoneyTo withdraw from your
Just browsingSadece bakıyorum

Mode of Transport

Germantürkisch
I want to go to… gitmek istiyorum
AirplaneAirplanes
BootVapor / Tekne
ZugTrain
TaxiTaksi
bus / MinibusOtobus / Dolmuş
I want to rent aBir … kiralamak istiyorum
MotorradMotorcycle
CarsAraba / Otomobile
BicycleBicycle

Directions

Germantürkisch
Where is?/ How do I get to/to?Nerede? / Nasıl … gidiyorum?
BenchBank
train station / bus stopStation
city ​​centerTown center
HotelHotel
HospitalHospital
Ist es weit?Is it far?
geradeausYönü değiştirmeden / Dik / Düz
Left rightSol / Sag
North South West EastKuzey / Güney / Batı / Doğu

numbers

Germantürkisch
one two three four five six seven eight nine tenbir, iki, üç, dört, beş, altı, yedi, sekiz, dokuz, on
twenty, thirty, forty, fifty, sixty, seventy, eighty, ninetyyirmi, otuz, kırk, elli, altmış, yetmış, seksen, doksan
Hundredface
thousandbin

Time / Date / Days

Germantürkisch
Wieviel Uhr ist es?What time is it?
When?When?
YesterdayYesterday
Today (morning / noon / evening)Bugün (sabah / öğleyin / akşam)
TomorrowTomorrow
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sundaypazartesi, salı, çarşamba, perşembe, cuma, cumartesi, pazar
I'm here in VacationBen burada tatil yapıyorum
I'm here to workÇalışmak için buradayım

To table

Germantürkisch
I'm hungry / I'm thirstyBen açım / susadım
Good AppetiteBon Appetit
CheersCheers
It was excellentMukemmeldi
What do you recommend?Ne tavsiye edersiniz?
I'm vegetarianBen vejetaryenim
Not sharpPainless
It is too hot!Çok sıcak!
I have an allergyBen bir alerjim var
Seafoodsea ​​products
peanutspeanut
glutengluten
I take / I would likeAliyorum / istiyorum
WaterSu
tea / coffeeçay / kahve
Beer / wineBira / şarap
The Bill pleaseHesap air

Health/Emergency/Security

Germantürkisch
I have to see a doctorBir doktora gitmek zorundayım
Call a doctor/ambulanceBir doctor / ambulances arayın
Where is the hospital?Hastane nerede?
I do not feel goodkendimi iyi hissetmiyorum / hastayım
I am in pain hereBurada acı cekiyorum
Where are the restrooms?Tuvaletians nerede?
HelpImdate
PolicePolis
DangerDanger
I've lost my wayYolumu kaybettim

Show

nest...

çamaşır makinesi ses çıkarması topuz modelleri kapalı huawei hoparlör cızırtı hususi otomobil fiat doblo kurbağalıdere parkı ecele sitem melih gokcek jelibon 9 sınıf 2 dönem 2 yazılı almanca 150 rakı fiyatı 2020 parkour 2d en iyi uçlu kalem markası hangisi doğduğun gün ayın görüntüsü hey ram vasundhara das istanbul anadolu 20 icra dairesi iletişim silifke anamur otobüs grinin 50 tonu türkçe altyazılı bir peri masalı 6. bölüm izle sarayönü imsakiye hamile birinin ruyada bebek emzirdigini gormek eşkiya dünyaya hükümdar olmaz 29 bölüm atv emirgan sahili bordo bereli vs sat akbulut inşaat pendik satılık daire atlas park avm mağazalar bursa erenler hava durumu galleria avm kuaför bandırma edirne arası kaç km prof dr ali akyüz kimdir venom zehirli öfke türkçe dublaj izle 2018 indir a101 cafex kahve beyazlatıcı rize 3 asliye hukuk mahkemesi münazara hakkında bilgi 120 milyon doz diyanet mahrem açıklaması honda cr v modifiye aksesuarları ören örtur evleri iyi akşamlar elle abiye ayakkabı ekmek paparası nasıl yapılır tekirdağ çerkezköy 3 zırhlı tugay dört elle sarılmak anlamı sarayhan çiftehan otel bolu ocakbaşı iletişim kumaş ne ile yapışır başak kar maydonoz destesiyem mp3 indir eklips 3 in 1 fırça seti prof cüneyt özek istanbul kütahya yol güzergahı aski memnu soundtrack selçuk psikoloji taban puanları senfonilerle ilahiler adana mut otobüs gülben ergen hürrem rüyada sakız görmek diyanet pupui petek dinçöz mat ruj tenvin harfleri istanbul kocaeli haritası kolay starbucks kurabiyesi 10 sınıf polinom test pdf arçelik tezgah üstü su arıtma cihazı fiyatları şafi mezhebi cuma namazı nasıl kılınır ruhsal bozukluk için dua pvc iç kapı fiyatları işcep kartsız para çekme vga scart çevirici duyarsızlık sözleri samsung whatsapp konuşarak yazma palio şanzıman arızası