I Am Not Seeing The Reported Number Of New Posts.

Old bugs from the phpbbXS system
TheBigKiteGuy

I Am Not Seeing The Reported Number Of New Posts.

Postby TheBigKiteGuy » Sun, May 06 2007, 08:41 PM

At login I see:

You last visited on 2007/05/06 - 17:49
View posts since last visit (7)

Click on New:

Forum Topics Replies Author Views Last Post MAR
Kite Festivals Naperville School Looking For Kite Making Instructor [ Goto page: 1, 2 ] 16 TheBigKiteGuy 200 Today at 17:53
Babbman View latest post

Only one new post at 17:53, what happened to the other six posts?

I have been noticing a one or two post discrepancy for a little while (week or two). I don't know if I am actually not seeing posts, or if non existent posts are bring reported.
Alan Sparling

Mike

Re: I Am Not Seeing The Reported Number Of New Posts.

Postby Mike » Tue, May 08 2007, 08:11 AM

First of all, we are going to have to change our forum software because this one is no longer being supported. So if it's a bug, it will hopefully get fixed then.

There are a couple other possibilities though:

If there are multiple posts to one topic, you will see 7 new posts but only one new topic.

The other possibility is that it is showing 7 posts but some of those posts are for admins only and you can't see them. It should only count new posts that you can see, so that would be a bug.

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Tue, May 08 2007, 10:19 AM

Mike wrote:First of all, we are going to have to change our forum software because this one is no longer being supported. So if it's a bug, it will hopefully get fixed then.

There are a couple other possibilities though:

If there are multiple posts to one topic, you will see 7 new posts but only one new topic.

The other possibility is that it is showing 7 posts but some of those posts are for admins only and you can't see them. It should only count new posts that you can see, so that would be a bug.

yup to all... I'm waiting for the RC candidate of Icy Phoenix to become the official release version before I put it up as I will not run a beta or RC for an active board... should be happening soon though.

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Roxy

Postby Roxy » Mon, Aug 06 2007, 10:59 PM

I've been having problems too. Multiple loggin in, sending a pm and getting an error message. I figured something was up.

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Mon, Aug 06 2007, 11:12 PM

Roxy wrote:I've been having problems too. Multiple loggin in, sending a pm and getting an error message. I figured something was up.

Roxy, actually, this thread was from several months ago. I've had no other reports on issues with the board from anyone. As for number of posts, it will report the number of new posts which sometimes includes when several replies are added to a thread.

What exactly are the problems you are having?

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Roxy

Postby Roxy » Tue, Aug 07 2007, 10:27 AM

I keep having to log in. Mostly it seems when I send pm. Then sometimes I get an error page, or the message wasn't sent. The problem could be using AOL, I'll try using Explorer and see if that resolves it.

Return to “Old phpbbXS Bug Tracker”