Is it time to close down this forum?

General conversation and discussion about the IKE Club.
Mike

Is it time to close down this forum?

Postby Mike » Sun, Sep 01 2019, 06:27 AM

Hello IKE members,
The club has been inactive for quite a while, and this forum only gets spam posts now.

Is there any interest in keeping this forum running?

Is there any interest in keeping the club active?

makatakam

Re: Is it time to close down this forum?

Postby makatakam » Sun, Sep 01 2019, 12:58 PM

That's up to those running it. Is it worth their time? I check for new posts each day. I engage if enticed. I will continue for as long as I can.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Tue, Sep 17 2019, 08:07 PM

Well . . . I'd like to keep the forum and club running, but then I haven't been posting here or doing stuff to keep the club active. Including not scheduling a retreat or club fly events.

Forums seem to be slowly winding down with FB taking over everything.

Maybe I'll try to restart some of the activity over here. My forum browsing dropped off significantly after GWTW died earlier this year.

Audion

Postby Audion » Tue, Nov 05 2019, 04:45 PM

I'm just starting to get into kiting and would definitely like to connect up with other enthusiasts in the area. I understand the slow death of clubs and forums.... the Northern Illinois geocaching organization I helped found folded after 13yrs and towards the end forum usage dropped dramatically. Facebook seems to be the wave of the future unfortunately. It's nice in some ways but definitely not as useful (searchable, easier navigation of discussion threads etc) IMHO. I see IKE has an organization page on FB. Maybe create a closed (or possibly even open) group page and migrate the discussion towards FB? Please give a little advance warning before pulling the plug on the forums so I can glean thru it for info. But I do understand that it's silly to be paying web hosting for a forum that's not getting much traffic. Sad to see a good group fade away due to lack of involvement.

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Tue, Nov 05 2019, 04:56 PM

Well . . . some of us do watch for updates to threads we've posted to in the past. We're not all gone (yet).

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed, Nov 06 2019, 03:10 PM

Audion,
Feel free to study the forum and ask questions, there’s still a couple members around :)

Return to “Club Discussion”