Kaixuan Kite 11-ft Centipede

Discussion on anything related to Single Line Kites
makatakam

Kaixuan Kite 11-ft Centipede

Postby makatakam » Fri, Jul 01 2016, 11:08 PM

I bought two of these, one red one pink. They're cCc (cheap Chinese crap), but they're really cool when flying.

https://youtu.be/weDkLEXe_Kk
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

goestoeleven

Re: Kaixuan Kite 11-ft Centipede

Postby goestoeleven » Sun, Jul 03 2016, 06:14 AM

Those are pretty great visually. It's an interesting design, really captivating for people watching because of the movement of the kite. I like it even if it's cCc. I hope the cCc is not too crappy. You can always reframe it if the spars suck.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Sun, Jul 03 2016, 12:11 PM

The spars are really quite good. The sewing leaves a bit to be desired, and lack of hot-cutting the panels will allow almost immediate fraying, but the motion of the sail in flight will be delightful. I just realized I have no flying line for SLK's, so I'll need to get some.

I was captivated by the videos of these kites in the air and bought two because they are only $80 each, plus shipping. Steve over at the GWTW forum put together a bulk order for some of the people who were interested and distributed them to those who got in on the deal. These will fall apart pretty quickly due to lack of quality, but will be lots of fun while they last. I bought two, a red and a pink and can part with one if someone else wants one.

The link in the first post shows tw of them in flight.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Sun, Jul 03 2016, 12:24 PM

I saw the video. Pretty neat action in the sky. Spectators will love them!

Return to “Single Line Kites”