New Member from The Kite Collective

Tell us a little about yourself and let us welcome you to the forum.
kitecollective

New Member from The Kite Collective

Postby kitecollective » Wed, Sep 26 2012, 04:01 PM

Hi! This is Whitney posting on behalf of the Kite Collective, a group based out of NYC! I've personally relocated to the Chicago area and will be the point person for the second installment of the Kite Machine Project in Chicago.

We are a collective of kite enthusiasts, making our kites by hand using recycled materials and spreading the love of kite flight and exchange through workshops. You can find more information about us through our site and by contacting us directly! The Kite Machine Project is our signature project and was launched in at Rockaway Beach 96, Queens, New York City, in Summer 2012. The purpose of this project is to reconnect urbanites to their environment in a way that is transient and magical.

Kite Machine Chicago is now up for vote in the GoodMaker contest for a cash prize to get the project started- so please vote and spread the word! Kite Machine Chicago will dispense handmade kites built out of recycled materials to Chicagoans out of a refurbished vending machine at little to no cost to spread joyful experience, increase access to experiential arts education and further momentum for reuse projects to divert waste. You can access the link through our website or below. Thanks so much, and we look forward to getting to know you Illinois Kite Enthusiasts!

Please vote for Kite Machine Chicago!

Mike

Re: New Member from The Kite Collective

Postby Mike » Wed, Sep 26 2012, 05:16 PM

Welcome Whitney!
That is such a cool project! Voting doesn't open until tomorrow (9/27), but I'll be sure to go back and vote.
Did you guys actually *sew* all those little sled kites? That's a lot of little hems!

Darkspark

Postby Darkspark » Thu, Sep 27 2012, 09:42 AM

That is cool. Welcome to Illinois. I will put in a vote also!

kitecollective

Postby kitecollective » Mon, Oct 01 2012, 04:21 PM

Thank you so much, guys! I just posted in the general discussion board.

Yes, we did sew all those little babies right up. The polls are open now! Excited!

Shari

Postby Shari » Tue, Oct 02 2012, 10:35 PM

Super Cool!!! You got my vote!!! Good Luck!!!
Everything seems so much better when the sky is filled with beautiful colors.

Return to “Introductions”