Rantoul Air Festival

The 2007 Kite Festival Season Archives
Mike

Rantoul Air Festival

Postby Mike » Sat, Aug 11 2007, 07:20 PM

The air festival was a lot of fun.
As usual, ignore the forecasts. We had great wind all day long.
The new stack flew great! I was able to do all the usual Rev stuff: dive stops, reverse flight circles, leading edge lock with Chris's B-series, thread the stack through the B-series kite, land on a pillar. This is the best stack I've flown.

Here's a few photos from today. More to come later.
[albumimg]1037[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1038[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1039[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1040[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1041[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1042[/albumimg]

Here's hoping for more good winds tomorrow!

Chris

Re: Rantoul Air Festival

Postby Chris » Sat, Aug 11 2007, 08:45 PM

Definitely had a great time today!! :up: :up: have to say it was really cool to fly at an air show! :mrgreen: :mrblue:

It was worth the 300 mile round trip :twisted:

Also picked up my BLK from David today :bash: Can't wait to fly it in some higher winds :up:

Anyhow, have fun tomorrow, wish I could be there, and can't wait for Pontiac!!!

It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Sat, Aug 11 2007, 09:12 PM

I'm jealous...would love to have flown down there...but I did have a good time watching the Gordons and the Fire up at the Botanic Garden today.
Keep calm, and park it in the pocket

IKE is on Image too!

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat, Aug 11 2007, 09:58 PM

one more:
[albumimg]1049[/albumimg]

Babbman

Postby Babbman » Sat, Aug 11 2007, 10:01 PM

looks like you guys had fun!

I got out a little and you were right, the forecasts were completely wrong..

Mike... can you get me some measurements on your stack lines on the progressive stack? I need to get mine more stable.

Chris (aka Babbman)

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety...
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Chris

Postby Chris » Sat, Aug 11 2007, 10:04 PM

Nice job, Mike!
It's a great satisfaction knowing that for a brief point in time you made a difference.

-unknown

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Sun, Aug 12 2007, 12:45 AM

Glad to here you guys had winds blow out there. I was worried, do to the fact that there was absolutely NO WIND anywhere to be found around!!!! Here is hoping there is some winds to be found tomorrow too.
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her
breath on you.
-------
Ken

Mike

Postby Mike » Sun, Aug 12 2007, 06:07 AM

Chris wrote:It was worth the 300 mile round trip :twisted:

It's about time we did something near me! All those Chicago / Naperville / DeKalb etc fests are 300 milers for me. This one is only 30 minutes away! :up:

Mike

Postby Mike » Sun, Aug 12 2007, 08:29 PM

Can you believe they were giving these coffee mugs away for free! Wouldn't you like to have your morning coffee in this? Really! Free! On a table right outside the porta-potty!

[albumimg]1051[/albumimg]

And here's a photo of Ken and his wife, Chris:

[albumimg]1050[/albumimg]

Knoted4ever

Postby Knoted4ever » Sun, Aug 12 2007, 09:36 PM

The Rantoul Fest was a lot of fun! The air show was cool... and visiting the grounded planes was very interesting.

We're saving our coffee mug :shock: for the next X-mas family grab bag!

It was very nice meeting Ken's wife Chris (it is so nice to have a Chris in the club, finally)!

Mike's new Rev stack looked awesome! Dave borrowed my dualie for a while and looked quite impressive with it, i thought! He should fly more often whenever he gets a chance!

The winds were great, though the temps were sizzlin'! i drank over a gallon of H2O and only visited the fancy, air-conditioned, modified F111 outhouse once!
Tom P.
Illinois_______ (excerpt from E. E. Cummings: "How many winds make wonderful... and is luck The skeleton of life")

Frodos Majik

Postby Frodos Majik » Sun, Aug 12 2007, 10:39 PM

The fest was fun. It was nice to be at a fest for a change we were not sitting around waiting for the winds to show up. Good winds all day long. THANK GOD too for it was BRUTAL out there today!!! :shock:

The air show was nice, to bad the winds were blowing from the runway instead of at the runway. That way we could have flown and watch more of the show. :roll: :twisted: I sure did set the kites down when the A-4 took the air, OMG what unbelievable bird that is!!!!

My wife was a real trooper to for toughing it out in the heat too, she even was willing to ride in the Raminator. Which had only cost $3 per person, and all money was donated to the museum. 8) From the picture Mike posted, I would have to say she was having a blast too!! :-D By the way she will be out in DeKalb with me next month, so those who have not had a chance to meet her yet, will have an opportunity then. :-D :-D
May Ol Ma Nature never hold her

breath on you.

-------

Ken

chicagokite

Postby chicagokite » Mon, Aug 13 2007, 09:18 AM

Nice photos mike and thank you mike chris ken tom for flying at the show it was a gas. Here is a few pics from me in the morning my 8 year old had a chance to go fly way cool and ride the truck .Image

http://www.chicagokite.com

TheBigKiteGuy

Postby TheBigKiteGuy » Mon, Aug 13 2007, 01:38 PM

Mike wrote:
Chris wrote:It was worth the 300 mile round trip :twisted:

It's about time we did something near me! All those Chicago / Naperville / DeKalb etc fests are 300 milers for me. This one is only 30 minutes away! :up:

I feel for you, but I can't quite reach you. :lol:

While I know I am lucky to be sponsored at Dieppe, Canada, I will be leaving home at 6 am and arriving at 4 pm. I do lose an hour going to the East Coast, so it is only nine hours each way. It is the layovers that kill me.

Got my parking reservation, got my out of country travel medical insurance, got my tickets printed out, found my passport, got the kites packed, got the laundry done, just have to fit a weeks worth of clothing into a carryon and I am ready to go!
Alan Sparling

Return to “2007 Kite Festivals”