Have an idea, need a price quote...

Links to individual plans and discussion of the plans for all kinds of kites.
yepits

Have an idea, need a price quote...

Postby yepits » Wed, Sep 23 2015, 04:16 AM

So, I'm a Dragonball Z fan. The frame I have is a 1.5 SLE. I'd love to know how much a custom sail design would cost...
[dropshadow=blue]...Hello, I'm Yepits and I'm a kite-a-holic.[/dropshadow]

Mike

Re: Have an idea, need a price quote...

Postby Mike » Wed, Sep 23 2015, 07:56 AM

If you want an appliquéd design you'll have to find someone who will do it for you on a sail you've purchased.

If you want a painted design, buy an all white sail and find someone to paint it on.

If you want a screen printed design, there are a couple brothers in Spain who do that. You'd have to design the sail on your computer or have someone do that for you.

Post a photo of the sort of design you're thinking of and maybe we can offer more help.

makatakam

Postby makatakam » Wed, Sep 23 2015, 08:47 AM

Be aware of possible copyright infringement. The design would have to be recognizable, yet generic enough to avoid possible lawsuits.
MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed, Sep 23 2015, 12:44 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about copyright. I've seen plenty of home made kites with various characters on them. Maybe if you start selling Dragonball kites for a profit...

Jeepster

Postby Jeepster » Fri, Sep 25 2015, 07:42 AM

The legal copyright infringement comes into play if you sell your product ... or derive a monetary reward. Until that time, you are free to reproduce with no repercussions. I went through the entire process when I made some Crayola crayon tails. Their legal department shared the ground rules with me ... and then, the gal said she loved them and thought they were great!

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri, Sep 25 2015, 09:55 AM

Good info, thanks Jeepster. Good for you for asking Crayola first, and good for them for not giving you trouble (after all, it's free advertising for them anyway).

Return to “Plans”