Custom Handle Information

Talk about kite accessories. Bags, Spars, etc.
Jeepster

Re: Custom Handle Information

Postby Jeepster » Sun, Jul 18 2010, 05:31 PM

Jim Foster wrote:Hey, this "cool handle" thing is getting way out of hand.

No, Jim, I think he has it pretty much IN HAND!

Mikey, I made my first clipless handles with EVA and found them to be a little to slick for my tastes. My son, on the other hand, loves the EVA. The hypalon isn't quite as slippery ... gives more grip without having to squeeze the handles. It'll be interesting to see if the leather provides that same feel.

They look good ...

Cheers,
Tom

Darkspark

Postby Darkspark » Mon, Jul 19 2010, 10:44 AM

Thanks for the compliments. We should rename this thread "bad one liners''. They have a really nice feel, the leather is soft and grippy without being too soft. You still get good feedback from the kite. I like the black ones better, with the threads on the back. The other ones are a little annoying because you feel the stitching when you fly. I am going to redo the tan ones and reverse the stitching. They will definitely be good for an all day fly, because they are easy on the hands. Now I just need to find some good soft red leather. Next time anyone is with me for a fest or club fly feel free to try them, and see what you think. I found some red lizard skin on ebay, might give it a shot. Don't know how they would feel but they sure would look cool. And for the record, I hate this hot weather. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Robbie

Postby Robbie » Sun, Dec 07 2014, 02:41 PM

Mikey, Sent you a pm about a set of handles. Or if someone knows Mikey could you please call and tell him he has a pm. Thanks :up:
Fly High and Fly Safe

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Sun, Dec 07 2014, 06:29 PM

I'll ping him (and his wife Shari) to let them know. Mikey works 3rd shift nowadays, so his schedule is a bit "off" the rest of us.

Darkspark

Postby Darkspark » Sun, Dec 07 2014, 06:41 PM

I finally made it to my computer. Not an easy thing lately. Sorry for taking so long.
I am still making handles, but I am currently on hold. I have a couple other projects I am been devoting my time to and I don't want to take any orders until I have time to actually do them. I have a couple people waiting on me as it is. Once I finish with the dogstakes, and put the finishing touches on the line winder I will have more time. Plus I am also still getting my subaru back in proper order so I can sell it before my new one shows. Get back to me after the new year, if you still are wanting them I think I will be a little less busy by then.

Robbie

Postby Robbie » Sun, Dec 07 2014, 06:56 PM

Thanks guy's I appreciate the help and the responses. :up:
Fly High and Fly Safe

goestoeleven

Postby goestoeleven » Sun, Dec 07 2014, 07:30 PM

Darkspark wrote:Once I finish with the dogstakes, and put the finishing touches on the line winder I will have more time. Plus I am also still getting my subaru back in proper order so I can sell it before my new one shows.

And the center ferrule for my George Peters kite . . . . :-)

. . . . get your other stuff done first!

Darkspark

Postby Darkspark » Sun, Dec 07 2014, 10:59 PM

That too.
I forgot to say welcome to the club Robbie! I was thinking, I have a bunch of handles laying around. If you need a set until I can make you exactly what you want, I would be more than happy to send you a set. If you would like me to PM your address. Have a good night

TMadz

Postby TMadz » Mon, Dec 08 2014, 08:41 AM

Robbie, Mikey is an artist. You don't rush an artist. :up: Rest assured they will be worth the wait. In the mean time, try it yourself. I am in the process of making a couple of pairs myself. They'll never compare, but I like to tinker when I get time as well. In fact, I'm going to try the stitched leather method so I can look cool too. Had some laying around.
Last edited by TMadz on Mon, Dec 08 2014, 03:01 PM, edited 2 times in total.
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis

Robbie

Postby Robbie » Mon, Dec 08 2014, 11:50 AM

TMadz wrote:Robbie, Mikey is an artist. You don't rush and artist. :up: Rest assured they will be worth the wait. In the mean, try it yourself. I am in the process of making a couple of pairs myself. They'll never compare, but I like to tinker when I get time as well. In fact, I'm going to try the stitched leather method so I can look cool too. Had some laying around.

Copy that on being an artist. I have always been told good things come to people who wait. Mikey, I sent you a pm. :up:
Fly High and Fly Safe

Return to “Accessories”